Friday, May 14, 2010

Last night was battle of the wildlife on my patio. Anyone know of homemade recipes for removing skunk odor?

no recipe needed. just use tomato juice (not sauce). for some reason, it neutralizes the odor on just about everything. it took the odor out of my clothes and my skin too.Last night was battle of the wildlife on my patio. Anyone know of homemade recipes for removing skunk odor?
i was always told to use tomatoe juice. (sp?)Last night was battle of the wildlife on my patio. Anyone know of homemade recipes for removing skunk odor?
The Myth Busters swear by tomato juice. But you can also buy commercial skunk oder removers.
I have heard tomato juice.
I have heard of fresh tomatoes or tomato juice- good luck maybe you want to pressure wash with something like vinegar and water
I was told hydrogen peroxide by my vet. I ended up purchasing skunk be gone. It did the job and never had recurring problems even after deck was wet like other things I had tried. Best of luck been there done that!!
The only thing I found is how to get the skunk odor off a dog. I can give you the ingredients for that and maybe you could clean the patio with the solution:


1/2 cup white vinegar


1/4 cup baking soda


1 tsp. liquid soap in 1 qt.(1liter) 3% Hydrogen Peroxide


Wash thoroughly: (This is talking about the dog)


Rinse Well. Repeat procedure using 1 part Vinegar to 2 parts water.


I hope this helps. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment