Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Does anyone know any myths or legends about deer hunting or wildlife in general?

I've heard the myth about shooting the White Deer will bring bad luck, but was hoping to find more myths/legends about deer, wildlife in general, hunting and/or trapping. Maybe there are family stories you have or have heard from freinds or you know where on the Net I could them.Does anyone know any myths or legends about deer hunting or wildlife in general?
Never heard of it being bad luck to shoot a white deer. I know whenever I hear an Owl before daylight it has been a good day . I heard myth hearing or seeing an owl during day is bad luck. And shooting a hawk is bad luck.





You will probably find most of your legends about animals on the net under North American Indian animal legends.





I saw a solid white (Albino Crow ) once and have seen piebald deer (a color variation) in the mountains of NC.Does anyone know any myths or legends about deer hunting or wildlife in general?
One myth that I do know is that wolves are dangerous animals towards man. This is pure myth. If you reserach it you will find very, very few documented cases where a wolf attacked a human. If it did it was cornered, or the pack was in danger, or in one recent case it was a due to a hunters stupidity...





Legend has it that Romulis and Remus, two twin boys were partially raised by a wolf. They are the legendary founders of Rome.
one i know is true is... if the moon is full deer will be feeding at about 10-2 in the day and in the middle of the night
yeah that sounds to me like a liberal myth. i do know a myth about non-typical antlers an a buck, its said that if the buck has an injury on one side of its body then the antler on that side becomes non-typical, a local indian told me this, he says that when you skin them out you will find old scars on the side/sides that are non-typ
If you dream about a black bear death is near. Alaska native superstition. Still, all my bear dreams have been about brown bears.





Also , seeing a white raven means the same thing. But I have seen one once and no one I knew died.
Indian myth, when the screech owl is heard , death is near for someone close to you. I have also heard the white deer myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment