Friday, May 14, 2010

Best place in Canada to see wildlife?

My husband and I are traveling to British Columbia and Alberta Canada this summer and would like to go to the best place to view wildlife.Best place in Canada to see wildlife?
I am originally from Alberta and spent many of my childhood summers in both B.C. and Alberta. The obvious choices if you are looking for wildlife would be:





Alberta - Banff National Park, Jasper National Park





B.C. - Okanagan Lake, Schuswap Lake, Whistler, Vancouver Island are all good places.





***But I have to tell you a secret (not anymore now I guess), I presently live in Montana and all the years that I lived in Canada, I haven't seen wildlife like I do down here in Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone would be about a 14-hr. drive from Calgary, Alberta. Lots of bears, elk, buffalo, and other creatures to see here. I think B.C. and Alberta have such big areas for animals to roam you don't see them as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment