Sunday, January 24, 2010

I want to become a wildlife biologist. Should I take Latin or Spanish?

I know that Spanish is good because it is the second most spoken language, but I know Latin helps with English grammar and science. (taxonomy) Which one should I take? Give me the POSITIVES of each one, not negativesI want to become a wildlife biologist. Should I take Latin or Spanish?
Latin will help with taxonomy and improve your English vocabulary, as well as your Spanish if you decide to take that later on.


Spanish will help you if you end up taking a job in the West, which you probably will if you want to work with wolves.





I don't know how much time you have left in high school. Can you take both? If not take Latin for 2 years and Spanish in college.I want to become a wildlife biologist. Should I take Latin or Spanish?
Depends on where you want to work - Spanish might be helpful in the American Southwest. I think a semester or two of Latin would be good for taxonomy though, plus quite a lot of anatomical vocabulary is Latin, setae, ocelli, anterior, orbitale, that sort of thing.





I've taken bio classes and I had high school Latin, and I could breeze through anatomical memorization, while the ex Spanish students had the advantage of being able to order tacos more efficiently.
When I studied latin at the school, it was only for reading chronicles of Julius Caesar wars and something so. Nothing to do with wildlife, believe me. Speak spanish!
Spanish. Makes sense.
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment